Today I actually woke up early enough to make breakfast. A shocking event.
So I decided that I was going to try my hand at huevos rancheros
For this concoction, you will need: eggs, tomatoes, peppers and onions.
Take your veggies:
 |
| Looking so fresh in the morning light |
And cut them up
 |
| If anyone has a suggestion for tearless onion cutting, please share it. Please |
Cook them with garlic, salt and pepper
 |
| Can I just start saying gsp? Would anyone understand what I mean? Probably not. |
Next take your eggs, about two for every person you will be cooking for.
 |
| One of these things is not like the others. |
Beat them up a little. Just enough sos that they gets the message.
 |
| And the moral is that we are all the same on the inside |
Add them to the vegetables, add more seasoning and scramble until cooked
 |
| Scrambled! |
Serve hot with sriracha sauce, hot sauce or ketchup. Or just plain
 |
| Yet another thing that tasted better than it looks. |
That's a nice scramble you made, but it is not huevos rancheros. Okay, so here's what you do to make one serving: place a stove heated corn or flour tortilla on a plate. Top with mashed beans (refried, black, or pinto). Next, smother with your choice of red chile sauce, green chile sauce, or salsa verde. Fry 1-2 eggs how you like them and place them on top of the sauce. Serve with a potato side dish (I like it with homefries).
ReplyDeleteYou might want to try out your nearest Mexican or Puertorican market.