First some explanation. When altering a baking recipe (Not advised! The margins of error in baking are very small.) to add cocoa powder, you must add more butter, baking soda and sugar to compensate for the drying and acerbic aspects of the cocoa.
| I did not add enough of any of them, apparently |
Cream together (meaning, mix until creamy) softened butter and your sugars.
| This might be too creamy |
Beat in eggs.
| Two of them. |
Add your powders, replacing a quarter cup of flour with cocoa powder
| Chocolaty! |
Mix thoroughly.
Ball into one inch masses and place on a cookie sheet.
| Yum...? |
While those are baking, you can clean up the inevitable mess.
| Cocoa powder everywhere! |
| And by that, I mean I melted some peanut butter. |
Add some sugar over the tops of the cookies to try to make up for the fact that I added no where near enough the first time.
Seriously, don't try this
| Although the bars aren't awful frozen. |
No comments:
Post a Comment