Today was hot. Not in the attractive or enjoyable way either. It was sticky and gross and my air conditioner was doing little to help the situation. It was so hot, in fact, that the thought of an open flame or hot oven in my kitchen was repulsive. I cannot stress this enough. I almost never make a meal with no actual cooking (mostly because I think fire is cool). It was gross.
Fortunately, it being summer (hence the whole heat thing), everything I needed to make a five color bruchetta was in season. For this, you will need four plum tomatoes, a medium onion, a green pepper, a yellow pepper and some olives (pitted, for the love of your fingers, don't try to chop olives with pits. Aggravation will ensue). Also, a loaf of baguette sliced into half inch slices.
| Isn't it amazing how I magically have everything I need? |
Now its time to dice away! Shoot for about quarter inch (half centimeter) pieces.
| Hey look! There are five stripes of color! |
Now it's time to season your veggies. I used (from left to right) olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder (not garlic salt; if you only have garlic salt then omit the regular salt) basil and balsamic vinegar.
| My pepper bottle is kind of mutilated |
| Fine, homogeneity is ok.... |
No comments:
Post a Comment