Whelp, it's that time of the semester again. Midterms have forced me into a temporary hiatus from blogging. So, now I'm back, sick of engineering optimization, heat transfer theory, differential equations and applied motion. Time for cooking!
Unfortunately, eating out and ordering in while I was studying for all of my tests has cut a pretty deep gouge into my budget. You know what that means. It's my semesterly Ramen Week!
| Yay? |
- Every day for one week, I must have at least one ramen based meal.
- I refuse to use flavor packs
- The meal must be healthy
- It must cost under $5.00 per serving
Today I made Ramen with Spinach and Tomato Sauce
My price list, for two lunches:
- 1/2 Package of Spinach (The other half to be used for a salad for dinner): $1.25
- 4 Chicken Tenders (From a package of 22 purchased for $7.26): $0.70
- 1 Can of Chopped Tomatoes: $1.25
- 2 Packages of Ramen: $0.36
Total: $4.26 for two meals (One for me and one for boyfriend)
First thing's first. Put a pot on to boil for your ramen packets.
While you are waiting for that, steam your spinach by putting a large amount of it in a pan over medium heat and cover it tightly until the spinach is thoroughly wilted.
| Actually yay. I love spinach. |
| Easy? Yes. Delicious? Abso-freaking-lutely. |
| Pretty colors, shitty presentation. |
Where's Day two?
ReplyDelete